fcac768a2092cc8f94689f3a1b9a2588.jpg

Last edited:

Mattrg02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got one. Grows slowly but keeps an insanely blue blue, looks like a fake coral sometimes. Polyps out all of the time which are also brilliant blue.

I have it in high flow and right under a hydra26hd.

Oshengems

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Top 3 sps for me, I have the same In several locations on my tank i would say the one mid-top looks better than the top or low, the blue is deeper than the top one it is more purple with green polyps but it was getting blasted with light then the bottom one is blue but not as bright. Also the mid-top one is in a are where it’s getting hit with a lot of random mid-heavy flow its a swirl in that area

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
High flow, high light (400 par). It's slow at first to grow but once it hits the size of a fist, can grow super quick.

I frag mine constantly.

Congrats on the beautiful frag!

It's top 5 for me, and I have over 130 different types of acros. Everybody needs a piece of this in their tank. Straight classic!
c32be5621c45d9382bf52de8382f097e.jpg

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
High light and flow for me too. Once it gets going, I find it to be a really good grower if you can keep from fragging it all of the time.

There is a reason that after two decades it is still expensive (somewhat) and in high demand... awesome coral.

OP
OP
T

Tacostandguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
High flow, high light (400 par). It's slow at first to grow but once it hits the size of a fist, can grow super quick.

I frag mine constantly.

It's top 5 for me, and I have over 130 different types of acros. Everybody needs a piece of this in their tank. Straight classic!

Beautiful colony! And agreed, I know it’s just a 3/4”-1” frag but I can’t stop staring at how deep blue it is.

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful colony! And agreed, I know it’s just a 3/4”-1” frag but I can’t stop staring at how deep blue it is.
Thanks! That's a 7 year old colony that gets fragged monthly almost.

The OBT and the green slimer you can see across the house. Pictures will never capture it but its a super bold blue. The rest of my corals I have to walk up close to see their beauty. Makes me appreciate the across the room good looks of the OBT.

OP
OP
T

Tacostandguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Top 3 sps for me, I have the same In several locations on my tank i would say the one mid-top looks better than the top or low, the blue is deeper than the top one it is more purple with green polyps but it was getting blasted with light then the bottom one is blue but not as bright. Also the mid-top one is in a are where it’s getting hit with a lot of random mid-heavy flow its a swirl in that area

Thank you for this tip! I want to retain the most blue possible, and was wondering what the best placement was.

OP
OP
T

Tacostandguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, the picture I inserted wasn't that big before I posted it!?!? Sorry for the now crappy pic:(.

No problem, I was having the same issue when posting pictures on the app, either that or they wouldn’t get posted at all [emoji53]

Oshengems

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I frag mine constantly.

This is a nice colony!!!

Like a few suggested here it is a fairly slow grower until it reaches a certain thickness I’ve noticed in the ones I have. My first frag was a slim branch which did not grow but it encrusted just a bit but was clearly getting thick but took a long time, I got a bigger piece from the same person multi branch and thick trunk once it settled it just took off that’s the pic I posted earlier it started creating new branches fast. The top one was doing well until about a month ago I bleached it with too much light and a few parameters swings but the mid-top Remained intack maybe because it was was bigger/healthier better flow than the other 2.

Oregon is a must have in anyone’s sps tank pictures dull these out that blue is eye catching when I’m the middle of oranges and greens

pdxmonkeyboy

Sticks!! Give me the sticks!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they grow soooooo slow.

there was a good size size colony on my lfs last week. maybe fist sized.. they wanted $400 (which was a good price for sure) it was gone the next day.

:(

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back