Finally Got a Yasha Goby Candy Shrimp Pair! Help me name them!

Zakary2003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Edit: Am I crazy? Where are its claws? Is that normal? Will they grow back? Will it be alright?

Check out this Yasha goby and a candy pistol shrimp I just picked up. I've wanted to get one for months, but I haven't been able to find both at the same place and time until now. I think they are both so cool! Please help me name them!

They were not paired at the fish store, or even in the same tank. Both were in seperate tanks and the goby was swimming freely while the shrimp was locked in a box similar to the one I have. They seem to be hanging out together in their little acrylic box, but they don't have too much of a choice. How can I make sure they don't lose each other after I release them into the tank? The fish store owner recommended I put a container over the goby and shrimp on the sand next to the rock structure, so that the shrimp can burrow out and create the hole and the goby can't wander away while he does it. Any comments on that method? It's only a 20 cube, so there's not a lot of space to get lost and I'm hoping they reunite.

20231129_154639.jpg 17013006484993547495075965646409.jpg

Last edited:

EgotisticObeseChihuahua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should name the fish "Barthalamew the great" and the shrimp,"Aizen of dukesville". your shrimp will grow its claw back if it lost them, and don't worry about them not finding each other. They will eventually find eachother.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back