Finally! No More Wandering Anemones!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

fishnreef

100% Aquacultured - Help Us Conserve and Preserve
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing more frustrating than wandering anemones. Like us, you have probably wished you could just put your anemone where you want it? That perfect spot...right there!

But nooo. Our tentacled friends just want to find their own place.

The back of the tank. The underside of a rock. Right over your prized corals. Can't they just stay put??? I think we've all been there.

Finally. Anemone Cradles. The deep depressions allows an anemone to attach in it's favorite kind of spot, a hole. Then you can move the Anemone Cradles where you want it - keeping in mind that placement should be away from high flow or darkness. Natural Reef Rock Anemone Cradles are aragonite (crushed coral) based just like all our Natural Reef Rock. Also, while most hobbyist don't need to make any changes, you can customize your Anemone Cradle by carefully using pliers to break off what you don't need (if you want a bigger opening for the anemone).

Anemone Cradles can save you a lot of time, worry, stung corals and missing anemones. It's a solid investment for your livestock.

We have 3 sizes. And limited quantities. To buy click here -> Anemone Cradles

- about 2" with a 3/4"-1" hole
On sale 50% off - $14.99

- Medium - about 2 1/2" - 3 1/2" with about a 1" hole
+$5.99

- Large - about 3" - 4" with about a 1"-1 1/2" hole.
+$9.99

Shipping is $8.99 flat rate for any mix of Natural Reef Rock

Available at www.fishnreef.com

Check out our other Natural Reef Rock products. Helping hands that keep your tank looking like a reef tank.

Fishnreef Natural Reef Rocks immediately blend into your sandbed and will very quickly blend in with your live rock. All Fishnreef Natural Reef Rocks are indiviually created and vary in shape and size. Sizes are approximate.

All Fishnreef Natural Reef Rocks are primarily made of aragonite (crushed coral) with bonding material that is FULLY cured in daily changed water and washed before shipping.

upload_2016-12-29_9-21-50.png

upload_2016-12-29_9-22-4.png

Last edited:

Saltine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! I was so nervous when I put my nem in! I'm the exception though, as when I put mine it I sat it in a crevice and it hasn't moved! Although I would have gone this route if it existed!

Timothy Butler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing more frustrating than wandering anemones. Like us, you have probably wished you could just put your anemone where you want it? That perfect spot...right there!

The back of the tank. The underside of a rock. Right over your prized corals. Can't they just stay put??? I think we've all been there.

Finally. Anemone Cradles. The deep depressions allows an anemone to attach in it's favorite kind of spot, a hole. Then you can move the Anemone Cradles where you want it - keeping in mind that placement should be away from high flow or darkness. Natural Reef Rock Anemone Cradles are aragonite (crushed coral) based just like all our Natural Reef Rock. Also, while most hobbyist don't need to make any changes, you can customize your Anemone Cradle by carefully using pliers to break off what you don't need (if you want a bigger opening for the anemone).

Anemone Cradles can save you a lot of time, worry and stung corals and missing anemones. It's a solid investment for your livestock.

We have 3 sizes. And limited quantities. Get them here: Anemone Cradles

- Small - about 2" with a 3/4"-1" hole
- Medium - about 2 1/2" - 3 1/2" with about a 1" hole
- Large - about 3' - 4' with about a 1"-1 1/2" hole.

www.fishnreef.com

Check out our other Natural Reef Rock products. Helping hands that keep your tank looking like a reef tank.

Fishnreef Natural Reef Rocks immediately blend into your sandbed and will very quickly blend in with your live rock. All Fishnreef Natural Reef Rocks are indiviually created and vary in shape and size. Sizes are approximate.

All Fishnreef Natural Reef Rocks are primarily made of aragonite (crushed coral) with bonding material that is FULLY cured in daily changed water and washed before shipping.

Timothy Butler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Anemone Cradles can save you a lot of time, worry and stung corals and missing anemones. It's a solid investment for your livestock.

We have 3 sizes. And limited quantities. Get them here: Anemone Cradles

- Small - about 2" with a 3/4"-1" hole
- Medium - about 2 1/2" - 3 1/2onse VB with about a 1" hole
- Large - about 3' - 4' with about a 1"-1 1/2" hole.

www.fishnreef.com

My Anome

OP
OP
fishnreef

fishnreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By the way, we've shown the anemone in the cradle so you can see how the anemone sits in. When the anemone expands it gets much bigger and the head and tentacles come completely out of the cradle. So the cradle is holding only the foot and the stem.

OP
OP
fishnreef

fishnreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! I was so nervous when I put my nem in! I'm the exception though, as when I put mine it I sat it in a crevice and it hasn't moved! Although I would have gone this route if it existed!

You are one of the lucky ones! Pat yourself on the back.

Timothy Butler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine move every night and eat all my emerald crabs. I feed it big thawed frozen shrimp large ones. I keeping it full but it has eaten $90 worth of crabs. Any suggestions on what to do so it doed eat my clean up crew? Not bothering hermit crabs or snails. It is a standard 75 gallon tank. It also will knock off new corals I'm trying to find the right spot before I glue them down. My lights are Fluvial led two 25,000k lights just replaced the metal halide 400 watt. The coral still frequent said I would need the power. They hang they led light on a 1,000 gallon tank about four feet above the surface and only use one. Is it still looking for the tight spot? Changing the amount of power to one of the lights run at 50℅ day spectrum includes white, red and blue the other light user at 100℅ atintic. With one hour of atintic both lights a hour prior to the day and a hour after day is this correct? Switched from a 400 metal halide to the led. My corals are opening more each day but I am afraid to under power. Got Lum meter and Google all the corals I'm buying for light and water flow. Is Google reliable? Sorry to get off subject any suggestions are appreciated!!!
Thanks
Tim

OP
OP
fishnreef

fishnreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Tim,

As lighting and flow vary considerably between tanks, let's discuss in general, instead of the specifics of your tank. Look at where the anemone is travelling. Is it moving towards higher or lower flow? Is it moving towards the light or away from the light? This should give you an indication of what may be an issue, if anything. Sometimes, GBTAs in particular, move around quite a bit until they either finally settle, get jammed into a powehead or plug up the overflow.

Without pushing our product too much, you can use our Anemone Cradles to move the anemones in an area you like with medium indirect flow and medium light.

Thanks.

Last edited:

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting product here, IME a nem will definitely move where it wants to. That's a neat idea for initial move.

jeflen651

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So as the anemone gets bigger and wants to split will it be able to split if the foot is in the cradle? Also will the foot outgrow the cradle? I have always wanted an anemone but because of their wandering I have resisted having one.

Timothy Butler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah mine eat all my emerald crabs at $27 for three a expensive creature. But it does wonder the tank it never seems to find its spot in the tank is happy with. Found it one day in the refugium filter.

OP
OP
fishnreef

fishnreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So as the anemone gets bigger and wants to split will it be able to split if the foot is in the cradle? Also will the foot outgrow the cradle? I have always wanted an anemone but because of their wandering I have resisted having one.

The Anemone Cradle functions like an anchor. When an anemone gets large, it will most likely split or if not you should be able to get the anemone foot out by carefully peeling away it from the cradle. This especially true when the foot outgrows a cradle. The foot is quite thick and not as soft as the rest of the anemone. If needed, you can also use pliers to break a small section of the top of the cavity where the material is thinner. This will keep the Anemone Cradle intact.

Timothy Butler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Tim,

As lighting and flow vary considerably between tanks, let's discuss in general, instead of the specifics of your tank. Look at where the anemone is travelling. Is it moving towards higher or lower flow? Is it moving towards the light or away from the light? This should give you an indication of what may be an issue, if anything. Sometimes, GBTAs in particular, move around quite a bit until they either finally settle, get jammed into a powehead or plug up the overflow.

Without pushing our product too much, you can use our Anemone Cradles to move the anemones in an area you like with medium indirect flow and medium light.

Thanks.
It moves all over the tank mainly bottom two thirds. Does not seem to care about the water flow usually in medium but have found it in high flow and the refugium filter under that light. I'm interested in a cradle. I have never seen one in the ten years of reef tanking. I have a bubble anemone that stays in medium low light and low water flow. Had that for about five years. I think the cradle is a good idea for this one. Any where you can get one?

OP
OP
fishnreef

fishnreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Easy to setup with little stress to the animal?

Yes. You can peel off an anemone using a credit card at the base or other dull edged instrument. Once free, guide the anemone foot onto the cavity. Put in a very low flow area for a a couple of hours and the anemone should have attached by then. Move to a medium light and flow area. Or, from your description of your particular anemone, below the top third of the tank.

Timothy Butler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. You can peel off an anemone using a credit card at the base or other dull edged instrument. Once free, guide the anemone foot onto the cavity. Put in a very low flow area for a a couple of hours and the anemone should have attached by then. Move to a medium light and flow area. Or, from your description of your particular anemone, below the top third of the tank.

Timothy Butler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My bubble enemy is easy are there other easy maintenance and ones that stay in one spot. I mean do not walk or eat my clean up crew like the emerald crabs?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 45 52.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.4%
Back