TUBE ANEMONES !!!!! In a reef tank?

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woo woo! Just bought my first Tube Anemone. It’s more blue than purple. A buddy of mine has two in his reef tank. Love the flow and movement of these animals.

1. Anyone with some solid experience with these creatures. Interested in hearing your stories. Thx.

IMG_4571.jpeg

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had a few over the years. Generally no issues, did have one abandon its tube and pop up in another spot under a rock but I’ve heard that’s more on the rare side.

OP
OP
Glenner’sreef

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, that’s awesome. Super low light nem right?
Yes, from what I understand yes, Lower lights for this non photosynthetic anemone. Which is great because I can keep it away from my sps.

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Woo woo! Just bought my first Tube Anemone. It’s more blue than purple. A buddy of mine has two in his reef tank. Love the flow and movement of these animals.

1. Anyone with some solid experience with these creatures. Interested in hearing your stories. Thx.

IMG_4571.jpeg
Very beautiful. I've always been very curious about these critters. I'd like to add one to one of my tanks in the future sometime.

Brittanyjo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a bight pink one for ~3 years. It is beautiful. I feel it weekly, but it is below my auto fish feeder and it grabs pellets right out of the water. I have it in normal light and low flow. par ~100. It doesn't seem to mind the light, but if it gets too much flow it is not happy.

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice nem op is correct baby brine shrimp. I’ve just set up a hatchery for baby brine shrimp and the nems love it you can see the tentacles dabbing the brine shrimp as it swims passed an easy way to feed them. The closest looking one ii have is this a snake lock anemone not bothered about light or flow
IMG_0677.jpeg

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 24.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 62 32.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.1%
Back