How To Perfectly add a bubble tip anemone in a fish tank.

damselflow2456

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

I wanted to ask anybody with Bubble Tip Anemones on how to fully add an anemone into a tank. Do I need to turn off the power head when the bubble tip anemone is ready to be put inside of the fish tank when done acclimating or how so? Also, do I need to gently stick his foot onto the rock or just let him sit on the sand bed gently?

Thanks!

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just turn the powerheads off for a little bit (keep the filter or return pump on). Place it wherever you ideally want it, then after a bit, turn the flow back on.

ReefingDreams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got it! Bubble tip anemones also need a small crevices to stick their foots into correct?
No. They can attach to glass directly. Their surface doesn't need to be a crevice. Just put it where you want it and it will move to wherever it feels comfortable on its own.

bakbay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not only to introduce the nems but to keep them for long term success. I would make sure to cover your powerheads to prevent shredding the nems and nuking your tank! Make sure you have enough lighting and keeping water params stable.

garygb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To successfully add a BTA, your tank parameters need to be good, for starters. Typically this means an established tank,
Got it! Bubble tip anemones also need a small crevices to stick their foots into correct?
In nature, BTAs attach to holes and crevices in the live rock. Sometimes in aquariums they will attach to the glass and stay there long-term, but mine stay put best when their foot is in a hole or crevice in the liverock.

garygb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a link to a good article that I think pretty well summarizes the requirements to successfully add a BTA to your tank:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back