Bubble Tip Moving

eliaslikesfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i’ll start by saying I know that anemones are gonna move until they find a spot they like and that’s fine with me, I put in a rose bubble tip about a day ago and it’s moved to the strangest spot, you literally can’t see it if you’re looking at the tank from the front. Is there any chance that it’ll move away from this spot or is this just how it’s gonna be? image.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3424.mov
    34.1 MB
Last edited:

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, lol. Of course it choose that spot. I think it still has a chance to move, but a way to increase the chances is to block the light in that area, and decrease the flow a little bit.

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes they hide under rock to get used to your lights and stuff. It will eventually go looking for light and stretch out. As for it liking the back of your tank??? You can force them to move by aiming a powerhead at them for a day or so but it will eventually find a space it likes. It might not stay there.

OP
OP
eliaslikesfish

eliaslikesfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have little choice.
But he’s going to want to spread out and take the light.
Just be patient.
IMG_1639.jpeg

Sometimes they hide under rock to get used to your lights and stuff. It will eventually go looking for light and stretch out. As for it liking the back of your tank??? You can force them to move by aiming a powerhead at them for a day or so but it will eventually find a space it likes. It might not stay there.
Alright, I’ll let it be and just wait it out. I was just a little concerned it might be stuck in that spot where it is now it looks very wedged in. I’m hoping it’s okay

OP
OP
eliaslikesfish

eliaslikesfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I thought it was a really strange spot, barely any of him is in the light so I thought maybe he’s stuck under that rock?

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I thought it was a really strange spot, barely any of him is in the light so I thought maybe he’s stuck under that rock?
I had one hide under an arch for like 2 days one time. He then kind of stretched from under the arch out into the light and after a few days moved to the tip of the arch in the light. I dont turn down my lights to acclimate things so he just had to find a spot over a few days. He never went where I actually wanted him but didn't really ever move after it found that spot after the first couple of days.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back