bubble tip nearly killed duncan

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bugenar
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bugenar

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 8, 2025
Messages
195
Reaction score
69
Location
maryland
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I woke up to find my bubble tip literally right under my duncan coral.

It’s extremely unhappy and stressed and looks like flesh is peeling off where it was stung.

I moved it to this area with little light and flow Im honestly scared if it’s going to brown jelly, should I dip it?

I also understand duncan’s are quite hardy and there are no brown jelly symptoms as of yet.

sorry if the pics aren’t great, not sure what I’d show anyways…
20260818_082721_DB6B8B18-AE5B-4E60-9F36-7962EDD05337.png


20260818_082720_214AA352-EC0F-4505-A3A1-267E36D1F72E.png
 
Hold for now, see how it reacts to being stung. Some of the heads may die off but usually the whole coral won't die. Dipping may only stress it out more at this point.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new