Finally, Reefer 425XL has arrived!

yz25067

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning,

Just starting out here as some may know to this forum and am truly excited to gain knowledge and meet such incredible people. During these unforeseen times I decided it was hihg time to upgrade my little JBJ Nano 24 to a Red Sea Reefer 425XL! I was actually able to get it fairly fast from Saltwater aquariums to my surprise. (Not sure if they are a sponsor or not but they deserve a shout out with the great customer service!)

It finally arrived yesterday afternoon and I was able to get the time off of work to sign for it! The best part is un-crating stuff. I feel like the father on A Christmas Story everytime. R&L Transport did a fantastic job and driver was a fishoholic as well. He stayed to witness the unveiling and then might have based too long!

I managed to assemble the stand most of the way before my buddy with way more experience than me came to assist. We finished the stand then placed the tank last night. Now need to level it and begin plumbing. I have a ton of hobbies and am in the middle of restoring a car as well so things might come a little slow. Here is a few more pics and more to follow!

Parts so far:

Apex Neptune
Octo 150 Skimmer
Sicce syncra 7.0 pump
BRS Gfo and reactor
AI Nero 5 Wave pump
Lights will Reefi Extremes with XR30 mounts- Daniel is a great and patient guy!
500W titanium Finnex heater
I cant remember the rest right

This is my first large salt aquarium this far. The stand wasnt that terrible to install. Only 6 beers and a hammer really fixed it. I finally got my mixing station roughed in and need to set it in its final location then finish the plumbing- Waiting on a couple valves and more fittings. I will update as soon as progress happens. Thanks for looking

20200511_160256.jpg 20200511_160357.jpg 20200511_164755.jpg 20200510_174658.jpg

OP
OP
Y

yz25067

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all! I am excited as well. I am blessed to have a buddy that is a expert with aquariums and is helping me. The technology throughout the years has become incredible. Got to play around with the sump and installed flow tubes today. Waiting on some lights for sump/ electronic cabinet, UV sterilizer and wire management. I am an electrician by trade so it has to be neat. Few more pics. Suggestions always welcome!!

20200512_184620.jpg 20200512_184613.jpg

OP
OP
Y

yz25067

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well. Got to playing around with the sump after work today. Put alot of research into how I wanted to plumb the sump, buying parts and over engineering everything. Then staring at it for a bit and looking at destructions from Red Sea, decided to fit the supplies plumbing. To my surprise, it is clean, out of the way and functional for what I am planning on doing! It boggled my mind so I had to look at others to see. From the looks of it, Red Sea listened and looked at some of the others builds and responded with this sump! It's pretty nice besides the small ato. Entry of space for all kinds of stuff! After a few dollars spent on plumbing parts I decided to leave the supplied lines. Just need to plumb in the return and my GFO/Carbon reactor, train all the wiring, install sump lighting and build my electronics board. Then its clean it all up and scrape it!

20200513_183830.jpg

OP
OP
Y

yz25067

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been busting my hump the last week. Got the basics done and finally decided on a scape. Took it all apart, cleaned, spread sand and filled! Calibrated the apex- bought from a member here- thank you super dodge! Still need to recalibrate the salinity. Darn thing is being finicky.

Hardwired it to my ethernet switch and we are rolling! Dumped in the Tim's all in one friday then picked up some damsels from Barrier Reef Aquariums Sunday. Great shop btw in Wa State! All parameters are great so far. Going to check again tomorrow with a water change then maybe dump my turd of a clown in the tank next week!

Ordered my lights on Saturday from Reefi-lab.com. Daniel is an awesome dude! I picked them up today! Met him face to face and just an all around great guy. Why aren't more people getting these???!! They are amazing! No glare, easy to program and Daniel is willing to help however he can! The light spectrum is awesome! I am new to all this high tech gadgetry but can say with confidence they are the best lights out there period!

Anyway, I just have some wiring to train up left and a little more rearranging to do in the sump. Plan to put some cheato and get the refugium going soon. It's been an amazing process and thank all.of you guys for your inspiration and help! Thanks suncrestreef, broadfield, astroreefer and all of the others out there that just have incredible aquariums! Glad to be a part of the r2r community!

20200521_170730.jpg 20200524_125949.jpg 20200527_221931.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered my lights on Saturday from Reefi-lab.com. Daniel is an awesome dude! I picked them up today! Met him face to face and just an all around great guy. Why aren't more people getting these???!! They are amazing! No glare, easy to program and Daniel is willing to help however he can! The light spectrum is awesome! I am new to all this high tech gadgetry but can say with confidence they are the best lights out there period!

Nice choice on the lights, I have a pair and agree with your comments about the product and Daniel!

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 48 43.2%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 56 50.5%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 7 6.3%
Back