Finding a good doser

prfishgirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just upgraded from the jr n purchased the apex EL for my 75 gallon tank ..so my next move is a doser.. not sure what to go with.. A Dos or something that’s wifi or Bluetooth and reasonably priced.. any suggestions would be great! Thanks guys

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
In same boat , think im.gonna get the reefbreeders coral box doser , lots of good reviews and priced good

OP
OP
prfishgirl

prfishgirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In same boat , think im.gonna get the reefbreeders coral box doser , lots of good reviews and priced good
Theres those single kamora pumps people are talking about but idk if i want to go with single pumps... coral box huh

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ya check it out , wifi, pretty dependable based on lots of reviews on here. Theres a bunch of threads on them . I was waiting for the red sea reefdose but I cant wait for it to.come out

James Mikell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ihave the kamoer x1 pumps and couldnt be happier

15577513551785862256394550774822.jpg

OP
OP
prfishgirl

prfishgirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ihave the kamoer x1 pumps and couldnt be happier

15577513551785862256394550774822.jpg
So question for you... you’re able to add the amount of liquid you have in your container to be able to keep track of it by clicking on the app? You can daisy chain them and use one power supply? App easy to use?

OP
OP
prfishgirl

prfishgirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So question for you... you’re able to add the amount of liquid you have in your container to be able to keep track of it by clicking on the app? You can daisy chain them and use one power supply? App easy to use?
Ya check it out , wifi, pretty dependable based on lots of reviews on here. Theres a bunch of threads on them . I was waiting for the red sea reefdose but I cant wait for it to.come out
ill definitely check it out

James Mikell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes the app is extremely easy to use and yes you can keep track of the ml in your container if you know the volume. Yes you can daisy chain them but kamoer recomends daisy chaining no more than 4 on one power brick.

OP
OP
prfishgirl

prfishgirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes the app is extremely easy to use and yes you can keep track of the ml in your container if you know the volume. Yes you can daisy chain them but kamoer recomends daisy chaining no more than 4 on one power brick.
Sounds like a definite option for me.. now to find one.. brs is sold out

Wiskey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was in the same boat and I just got the DOS with the DDR last week. I really like that I can calibrate these pumps, then plug in that I want to dose 30 ml over 24 hours and have it make all the calculations for me.

It seems like such a small thing, but trying to figure out how many ML my old ones dosed per second, then figuring out a number of seconds I need to dispense for, then plugging that time in was a headache. Plus then a week later I would forget how many ML I was trying to dose and have to run the calculation back the other way. Not to mention the trouble when my containers would get empty,..

I'm amazed at how accurate the DOS is when compared with the old style motor, and I couldn't be happier with my choice.

Whiskey

OP
OP
prfishgirl

prfishgirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it just seems so much easier to deal with..I’m over my jaebo lol

OP
OP
prfishgirl

prfishgirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was in the same boat and I just got the DOS with the DDR last week. I really like that I can calibrate these pumps, then plug in that I want to dose 30 ml over 24 hours and have it make all the calculations for me.

It seems like such a small thing, but trying to figure out how many ML my old ones dosed per second, then figuring out a number of seconds I need to dispense for, then plugging that time in was a headache. Plus then a week later I would forget how many ML I was trying to dose and have to run the calculation back the other way. Not to mention the trouble when my containers would get empty,..

I'm amazed at how accurate the DOS is when compared with the old style motor, and I couldn't be happier with my choice.

Whiskey

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back