Finding Sauce (a lot of tanks in a little time) RSR 250 Nem tank

Should this thread get an obituary, or turned into the nem thread?

• Kill it with fire

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Kill it with Draino

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Merci Mister...

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bubbles looking pretty glorious with the sponge removed and in a slightly different orientation
PXL_20220508_011912550.jpg
PXL_20220508_011921945.jpg

Photobombers much?
PXL_20220508_011945127.jpg
Wow! #bubblegoals :star-struck: That is S E X Y

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get that. Fowlr doesnt cost as much to run as a reef. Cheap light, little or no dosing. Still need a quality skimmer for reasons.
I may be using Quantum boards, from my " horticulture" side in an attempt to grow mass algea for big grazers.

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may be using Quantum boards, from my " horticulture" side in an attempt to grow mass algea for big grazers.
Nice I want to start a macro garden like yours for the same reason

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m surprised the CBB didnt check her back. Keep us posted on the release
Started the morning feeding in the dark, I opened the trap door early with ambient room light only. As expected, the DJ came out quickly, and all hell broke loose.

By design, the other tangs+trigger are keeping her occupied. She flashed big fins at the CBB then swam away. Previously, she was chasing, biting and keeping the CBB locked up in a corner.

Got a few hangers of nori in the tank. So long as everything stays, it will have been a successful time out.

DiefsReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bubbles looking pretty glorious with the sponge removed and in a slightly different orientation
PXL_20220508_011912550.jpg
PXL_20220508_011921945.jpg

Looking lovely!

Found this sponge on a torch and was wondering if I needed to do some intervention. Looks like it might be interfering with a new head on the bottom left.

20220509_120058.jpg

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking lovely!

Found this sponge on a torch and was wondering if I needed to do some intervention. Looks like it might be interfering with a new head on the bottom left.

20220509_120058.jpg
I'd remove the sponge

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking lovely!

20220509_120058.jpg
Agreed. It does look like it's encroaching on the flesh and sound be removed.

Remember that torches are super wimpy to being moved and prone to injury of the tentacles when removed from the water. When I have to bring a torch out of the water, I do it before lights on when it's about totally deflated. If you can just bring it up to the edge of the water and keep the flesh and tents supported in the water while you remove the sponge, all the better.

I removed the sponge on the bubble, then hit the skeleton with 4:1 dilution of water to hydrogen peroxide on a toothbrush. For the torch, a Q-tip may be more appropriate.

I've also found that gluing a plug, to dried glue on the rocks is a lot easier. If I've got to pull something out, and replace it there, I tried to leave the glue on the rock, Not pull it with the plug. I hate gluing to LR

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Remember that torches are super wimpy to being moved and prone to injury of the tentacles when removed from the water. When I have to bring a torch out of the water, I do it before lights on when it's about totally deflated. If you can just bring it up to the edge of the water and keep the flesh and tents supported in the water while you remove the sponge, all the better.

I removed the sponge on the bubble, then hit the skeleton with 4:1 dilution of water to hydrogen peroxide on a toothbrush. For the torch, a Q-tip may be more appropriate.

I've also found that gluing a plug, to dried glue on the rocks is a lot easier. If I've got to pull something out, and replace it there, I tried to leave the glue on the rock, Not pull it with the plug. I hate gluing to LR
Also take a toothbrush to the spot you want to glue it to. Clean up the rock to remove the bio film so you get adhesion directly to the rock.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thx @F i s h y , kinda a bummer. I'll have to remove the plug from the rock and it was way difficult to get attached the first time.
remove torch with bowl of tank water,then remove sponge in bowl, clean , dip then replace in tank.

DiefsReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thx Lost! I'll keep it all in mind. Was thinking about trying to scrap in place but dont think thats going to work out.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Earl jr ,jr, decided to take a walk today... :rolleyes: :)
IMG_5859.JPG

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 70 77.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.6%

Back