Finding Sauce (a lot of tanks in a little time) RSR 250 Nem tank

Should this thread get an obituary, or turned into the nem thread?

• Kill it with fire

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Kill it with Draino

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Merci Mister...

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dbl post lol
Here some full table shroom spam in the interim:D
Screenshot_20210426-084549_Wyze.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I went to the fish store and bought reef builder because my alkalinity is habitually low sitting about 6.6. The goal is to get it up to 8.0, how long should this realistically take dosing 9 grams in my 140ish system? Would adding this concentration every 3 days be ok? Does it need to raise slower?

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how are fish doing ?
Still knocking on wood. Everyone is FAT and happy. I've been feeding a bit less qty than when they were in the dt. Thought process being their immune system is under attack and need reinforcements.

I'm going to need to cut down some more pvc hiding places. Since everyone is feeling better, the flame angel has started being a punk again to the coral beauty. I figure I'll just make them a pvc pyramid. Copper is finally working. What I wasn't expecting was it to need daily redosing. I'm dropping .3 per day.

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty rough wake up at 215am to the inkbird controller alarm for low temp. Went out to find 70° and dropping on the DT. One heater was on, the other was off. I couldn't find a definitive reason. Unplugged everything, plugged back in and both heaters came online and stayed online.

This morning the big anenome looks terrible. The biggest has its mouth gaping open an inch. After seeing this, I remembered that I fed them all last night and I do see a little bit of shell from the scrimp that was fed. There is some mucus sitting around the mouth. before lights out as well as dosed to raise alk for the first time. Was 6.6 yesterday, 7.1 this morning.

Hoping this doesn't get worse. @Eagle_Steve anything I should be doing here?
PXL_20210427_180758987.jpg

Last edited:

DiefsReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty rough wake up at 215am to the inkbird controller alarm for low temp. Went out to find 70° and dropping on the DT. One heater was on, the other was off. I couldn't find a definitive reason. Unplugged everything, plugged back in and both heaters came online and stayed online.

This morning the anenomes look terrible. The biggest has its mouth gaping open an inch. After seeing this, I remembered that I fed them all last night before lights out as well as dosed to raise alk for the first time.

Hoping this doesn't get worse. @Eagle_Steve anything I should be doing here?
PXL_20210427_180758987.jpg
might ask @LRT @MERKEY and @fishguy242 as well..

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you checked your alk to make sure you didn't overdose it?
Sucks on the heaters man. Been there now I have 4x300 watt just in case. 2 are on ink bird. 2 just chilling ready to roll if anything gets crazy. Ive seen my temps all the way down to 68 on my shrooms. Scary stuff.

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you checked your alk to make sure you didn't overdose it?
Sucks on the heaters man. Been there now I have 4x300 watt just in case. 2 are on ink bird. 2 just chilling ready to roll if anything gets crazy. Ive seen my temps all the way down to 68 on my shrooms. Scary stuff.
Yes I have checked today. Pre dosing was 6.6. this morning was 7.1.

I also injected a few palys with white vinegar, total into system 6-7 ml. and watched ph knowing it could go whack. It's fine.

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nem mouth hole has closed back up almost completely. It's not inflated as it normally would be at this time, but puffing up a bit.
He was just mad at you :)

Others may disagree but I honestly don't feed on days where I'm making a large dose on alk. I'll wait a day. Do it on an in-between. Btas are resilient. I think they look good.

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He was just mad at you :)

Others may disagree but I honestly don't feed on days where I'm making a large dose on alk. I'll wait a day. Do it on an in-between. Btas are resilient. I think they look good.
I'm thinking it may have been/still be just expelling leftovers. I really didn't think about it before feeding after dosing but would agree that I probably shouldn't be feeding on any days that I'm making larger changes. Still not looking normal. I wish this thing would split

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back