Fine tuning Nopox

4ddiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would be the best way of fine tuning nopox? I am currently dosing 5.6ml daily on a 85g system.

Current parameters:
No3: .50 ppm
Po4: .09 ppm
Alk: 7.6

I’m currently trying to keep my nitrates at 2-5ppm.What would be the best way doing this? Mathematically not oh stop dosing and wait to see nitrates rise. Should I dose every certain amount of days? Or further lower my daily dose?

Any recommendations of what I can do that can be monitored?

ZRFX1PH.jpg

legrunt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Read the article posted. It's a got good information how to tune your carbon dosing. Lapin was merely stating that nopox is carbon to link your question to the article.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For specific instructions you can start by reducing your daily dose. You are now at 5.6ml a day. I would go to 4.6ml for a week and see if the bacteria start to diminish and your nutrients start to rise. You might see some added algae growth on your glass, which is a sign the bacteria are slowly dying off. Its going to take some time for things to balance out. If you dont see much of a change reduce to 3.6ml the next week. Over some time your nutrients will rise. You want to find that balance. Im assuming you started nopox because of high nutrients and you dont want to go back there.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 27.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back