OP
Fin

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is why my tank is in the corner of my living room. I can walk behind it and there is room for this second stand to hold a remote 20 gallon long refugium, 20 gallon fresh water reservoir, a shelf for testing, fragging and I am moving the Trident here as well. There is also a (soon to be) secondary control board for a second EB832, another power strip, the controller for the Tunze ATO and another couple of APEX modules and a little room to grow.

Oh, I don’t have dinos, but I do already have Bryopsis popping up. :) The lights are on now since I put a couple of small corals in the tank to see how they do.

1A67B17C-F112-4025-9EFB-558CBB214974.jpeg

My view from my recliner next to the tank. I hope one day there will b end fish and corals to look at. Ha! If you look at the display, I am waiting for some calibration fluid to get the salinity probe calibrated.

31E1B809-2D5F-4423-88B7-EEEFAEF713CE.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fin

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We’d prefer to have seen a post that read, “Sorry…Double bourbon.”

Things are coming together nicely!
I guess today would be the day for that. We always stay home to celebrate New Years and stay out of the way of all of the amateur drinkers :)

P.S. I am more of a rum drinker and I have about 50 bottles in stock! LOL!

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Happy New Year to you and yours... :)

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is why my tank is in the corner of my living room. I can walk behind it and there is room for this second stand to hold a remote 20 gallon long refugium, 20 gallon fresh water reservoir, a shelf for testing, fragging and I am moving the Trident here as well. There is also a (soon to be) secondary control board for a second EB832, another power strip, the controller for the Tunze ATO and another couple of APEX modules and a little room to grow.

Oh, I don’t have dinos, but I do already have Bryopsis popping up. :) The lights are on now since I put a couple of small corals in the tank to see how they do.

1A67B17C-F112-4025-9EFB-558CBB214974.jpeg

My view from my recliner next to the tank. I hope one day there will b end fish and corals to look at. Ha! If you look at the display, I am waiting for some calibration fluid to get the salinity probe calibrated.

31E1B809-2D5F-4423-88B7-EEEFAEF713CE.jpeg

Good to see the inner workings of your corner man cave :face-with-monocle: :p I am about to lose all my outside space for my fish tank in the coming year so I will be envious. Your tank already has no Aiptasia so you're lightyears ahead of my infested mess lol

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

OP
OP
Fin

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to see the inner workings of your corner man cave :face-with-monocle: :p I am about to lose all my outside space for my fish tank in the coming year so I will be envious. Your tank already has no Aiptasia so you're lightyears ahead of my infested mess lol

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
I just can’t gain any weight or I won’t be able to squeeze behind there! :)

OP
OP
Fin

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Smart man, I haven't had that concern and boy does it show!
I got 12” to squeeze back there. Had to make sure I could fit an 20 long through the opening. So, I am about as thick as a 20 long. :)

OP
OP
Fin

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Working on my ATO reservoir today. Using a Tunze Osmolator for top off during the day and a Kamoer dosing pump to dose Kalk at night.

The container is an old acrylic 20 gallon refugium that Jeff at LifeReef made for me to use on my 140, which was set up in 2006. I eventually ended up using this for my ATO on that tank also. Still looks new, so I thought it would be good to repurpose it yet again. I also will be using an Avast Marine Kalk reactor.

Anyway, this is where I am so far with it. Don’t mind the wires and tubing. I will tidy that up soon.

C58CEA12-E493-4A3E-B88B-8B7343B1F076.jpeg

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 27 49.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 29 52.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • None.

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.5%

Back