Fire sale: Breaking Down Tank in Clark. Livestock and Hardware.

CharlesV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm back in school in a very intensive program, and I've realized over this past semester that I really don't have time to keep up the tank (a custom Miracles tank, 48"x 30" peninsula). Over winter break, I'm planning on switching the tank to a simple, easy to care for, freshwater setup.

Photos at bottom of post.

Hardware for sale includes:

Complete external skimmer setup including all plumbing: $600
Skimz SK222 external skimmer
Reef Octopus 6" skimmate collector with autoshutoff
Reef Octopus BP-110 biopellet reactor

Lighting setup. Hanging hardware included.:
ATI 8x54w with replacement ballast, the bulbs in it, and ~10 spare bulbs: $350. One of the ballasts needs to be replaced, I have not gotten around to doing it.
Two BuildMyLed 48" "20,000k XHO" strips: $300
$600 for the T5s and the LEDs together.

Vortechs:
Two MP40wQDs. $200 each.
$350 for the pair.

I'll sell all the hardware together as a complete package for $1,400. That's about 60% off MSRP, which I think is pretty fair.

Livestock:
Fish
I've had these two fish for ~4 years. Both came for LiveAquaria Diver's Den. On receipt, both were treated prophylactically with copper for 6 weeks, and then transferred into a seperate tank for two weeks of Prazi and two weeks of observation. They have been disease free for the entire length of my ownership.
~6" Magnificent Foxface (Siganus magnificus) $75
~2.5" Female Black Ocellaris Clownfish. Her mate was murdered about two months ago by a rogue starry-eyed hermit crab, who has since been rehomed. $30

Take them both for $80. Please note that the foxface uses every inch of my 48" by 30" tank. I'd strongly prefer selling him to someone who has a tank of comparable size or larger. While he's never shown any aggression, I imagine a smaller tank would be stressful for him.

Coral and Rock
Purple/Green Favia, ~10" across. This coral has a small pale spot where a piece of my giant red monti cap settled onto him. I expect it'll color back up in a week or two. This coral is encrusted onto the bottom glass, so I expect that it will be somewhat damaged by removal, but will hopefully recover. $70

Red/Green Favia, ~10" across. Like the other Favia, this coral is encrusted to the bottom and will likely be somewhat damaged by removal. Additionally, it has a patch that was damaged by the same rogue hermit that murdered the clownfish. I expect it will recover in good water. $40

Multi-colored Favia, ~3" diameter. Not encrusted to the bottom, so easily removed. $50

Green Galaxea, ~grapefruit sized. $100

All liverock is for sale for sale at $3.50. Somewhere around 100 pounds between the tank and the sump. Virtually all pieces in the tank have some sort of coral growing on them. M. digitia, M. setosa, M. danea, etc.

If you buy anything, I'll give you a piece of red monti cap, your choice as to size. The colony in the back of the tank is about 2' across, and there's zero chance it's coming out of the tank intact. I also have a green monti cap, but it's a bit smaller, so you're welcome to a piece of it but I don't have an unlimited amount.

The entire contents of the tank (rock, fish, corals) can be purchased for $550.

If you want to buy EVERYTHING, hardware, rock, livestock, I'll sell it as a package for $1,750.

Please note that I will not be selling hardware until the livestock (or at least most of it) is gone.

First come, first served.

Since I'd like to complete this project over the next month, if I don't get interest in the livestock in the next week or two, I'll be trading them in to a good LFS for store credit.

Photos. Please excuse all the alage. Like I said, I definitely don't have enough time to do all the maintenance I should!

EDIT: Added the Voretchs.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

CharlesV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, if someone wants to buy everything, I'll throw in three 30lb bags of Tropic Eden Reef Flakes, the refugium light (a plant LED light in a dome) some BRS GFO and ROX carbon, biopellets, and some BRS media reactors.

OP
OP
C

CharlesV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish are sold.

All remaining rocks and coral may be purchased for $470, or all livestock and hardware (minus the vortechs which are spoken for) for $1500.

OP
OP
C

CharlesV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Skimmer waste collector, reef flakes, and spare bulbs are sold. Sale pending on multi-colored favia.

OP
OP
C

CharlesV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Multi-colored Favia sold. I will be talking to the LFS tomorrow about trading everything in for credit if I don’t get any more interest.

OP
OP
C

CharlesV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Final call on rocks and livestock. LFS is giving me $250 in credit. I’ll sell all remaining rock and corals (everything but the small multi-colored Favia) to a fellow reefer for $200!

OP
OP
C

CharlesV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All livestock is traded in to Ocean Gallery on Rt. 22. They ended up giving me a very fair deal, a good bit more than any other LFS offered. If anyone ever needs to trade livestock in, I'd suggest talking to the owner Gary over there. All pictured livestock (other than fishes and multi colored favia) are over there if anyone is interested. I imagine some things will end up frags, and some will be sold intact.

Z3speed4me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought I recognized one of the favias when we were in there last week. :)
Two pieces from you are doing great by the way!

OP
OP
C

CharlesV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: I converted the tank to FW, but needed to move in a hurry. There’s no room for the tank at my new apartment, so it and all remaining hardware are for sale for $1750. That includes tank, stand, skin/cabinet (including the doors I haven’t gotten around to staining), sump, all plumbing, backup and main return pumps, skimmer, lighting, apex with two EB8s and temp/pH probes, heaters, ATO, and anything else I forgot. Basically a complete setup sans power heads. Tank is starphire on all three viewing panes, and free of any large scratches.

You’d need either a few strong people and a uhaul or professional movers to get it out, as it weighs about 250lbs empty, and the iron stand isn’t much lighter. I injured my back recently, so I won’t be able to offer any help with the moving.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 112 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back