Fire shrimp eating coral?

FreeEnergyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! I haven't seen anything remotely close to that in 20years, I've had soo many reefs from a 2.5g to a 220g. Right now they're in a 75g inhabitants include- pair of fire shrimp w/ 1 candycane pistol,pair of yellow watchman gobies, pair of mandarins,pair of clowns, sailfin tang, fairy wrasse,orange linkia starfish,sandsifting starfish,2 blue tuxedo urchins, other cuc. The female fire shrimp stays out in the open 24/7 n has a cleaning station setup. The male's out half the day hides the other half. I spot feed all my lps fauna marin pellets and broadcast homemade & frozen. Theres nothing but high end sps,lps n zoas in this tank and I wouldn't have any other cleaner shrimp in there exept them

Fairies2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I watched my fire shrimp attack my aussie holy grail torch, he was trying to steal the food even though I already fed him. My tank only has 2 clown fish, 1 diamond goby, him and my torch that he killed! I bought 2 cheap corals later, a hammer and frog spawn but he did the same to them. I should of got rid of him but the damage was already done so now for the last 2 years I've had no corals in my tank.
Just a note my 2 clown fish will not have anything to do with him, I don't know if that's why he attacked my corals and no I don't have any videos but I was awake and saw him and tried to move him off but he kept coming back.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 124 81.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back