Fire Shrimp lunging at fish

  • Thread starter Thread starter Humblefish
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Joined
Nov 9, 2014
Messages
22,423
Reaction score
31,577
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lately I've been noticing my (large) pair of fire shrimp lunging at fish as they pass nearby. I have a blenny that's gone missing and right now I can't find one my cleaner shrimp. I'm getting suspicious. :mad2:


Has anyone here had problems with their fire shrimp?
 
I have never had any issues with any from the family including the Scarlet Cleaner, they do occasionally climb onto passing Fish rather they want them or not but part of their nature. Banded Coral Shrimp on the other hand..... oh Boy !


Cheers, Todd
 
Fire shrimp will attempt to clean fish, rather than lunging at the fish perhaps it's an attempt to clean the fish.

A mature pair of Fire Shrimp will also kill other shrimp that wander into their territory. Not uncommon for any of the larger shrimp types.

It's possible all events are easily explained.
 
Have 2 Cleaners and a Fire shrimp. I can say that Fire shrimp are territorial. Would like to see a pic of large Fire.
 
Fire shrimp will attempt to clean fish, rather than lunging at the fish perhaps it's an attempt to clean the fish.

A mature pair of Fire Shrimp will also kill other shrimp that wander into their territory. Not uncommon for any of the larger shrimp types.

It's possible all events are easily explained.

Agree with this.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new