Fireball angelfish

tanglover13

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 24, 2023
Messages
581
Reaction score
70
Location
preston
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I saw a fireball angelfish at my lfs but it does weird behaviour like opening his mouth randomly like twice a minute when there is no food like when you see fireballs trying to peck at rocks but this one just does it whilst swimming. Is this just normal behaviour for them or is he ill
 
Following. I catch one of my anthias doing this occasionally. It’s almost like it unhinges its jaw to open the mouth very wide for a moment. And it’s random and for seemingly no reason
 
Following. I catch one of my anthias doing this occasionally. It’s almost like it unhinges its jaw to open the mouth very wide for a moment. And it’s random and for seemingly no reason
yh I know but this little guy stretches his mouth outwards like if you see fireballs pecking at rocks and you see there mouth open weirdly just exactly like that
 
yh I know but this little guy stretches his mouth outwards like if you see fireballs pecking at rocks and you see there mouth open weirdly just exactly like that

Yes that’s what I also see
 
It is weird but I realy like this one at the lfs because he is fat and nicely coloured and he follows me around the tank plus he is always out at the lfs
 
It might be due to less oxygen or ammonia or it might just be the fish is weird and has its own cool personality
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new