Firefish in a 30 gallon

  • Thread starter Thread starter skraj011
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

skraj011

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 13, 2024
Messages
21
Reaction score
7
Location
Belmont
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a new 2 inch helfrichi firefish in an iso box. I was planning on putting it into a 30 gallon reef with a gramma, pintail wrasse, golden angel and a tiny tomini tang. Nothing is behaving aggressively currently, but now I’m nervous. I also have a 10 gallon with a couple small filefish. Any thoughts on whether this guy is likely to do ok in the bigger tank? There’s lots of rocks in the reef btw
 
A 30 gallon is not big by any means. My concern is the Royal Gramma. They have similar body types and coloration. That's a tough decision, I would go with the 30 gallon. All those fish are predisposed to jumping when stressed.
 
How long have you had these fish? You have several fish that should be in much larger tank. It’s really pushing your luck and won’t end well. The fire fish will not be happy with that mix of fish in that tank size.
 
How long have you had these fish? You have several fish that should be in much larger tank. It’s really pushing your luck and won’t end well. The fire fish will not be happy with that mix of fish in that tank size.
About 6 months
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new