Firefish with a Blennie

Kiboshed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need a Firefish of some kind, but also seeing a lot of cool Blennies. Is it possible to stock one of these Blennies with a Firefish?

Harptail Blenny

Tail Spot Blenny

Two Spot Bimaculatus Blenny

Smith's Blenny

Guess I am just concerned about them being similar shape, that they might become aggressive toward each other.

Thoughts?

vtecintegra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing is guaranteed, but I've got two tailspots and two bonded firefish. They don't pay attention to each other. They are in a130 with a lot of rock, so territory isn't a problem. The firefish hang out in their cave 90% of the time, and the tailspots are all over the place. They pick at the rock, while the firefish eat from the water column. I don't think they see each other as competitors.

OP
OP
Kiboshed

Kiboshed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For context it will be a 32 Biocube. 4-6 fish max, with them being two of those fish.

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a tailspot and a firefish in a 10g. The firefish keeps to himself until it is feeding time. Then he becomes slightly bossy in that he goes for food and the tailspot makes way for him. No aggression I've seen so far. There's my anecdote!

OP
OP
Kiboshed

Kiboshed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm more concerned with the free swimming fang Blennies like Harptail Blenny, and Smith's Blenny. They all look a lot like a Firefish and if a skirmish breaks out I am worried the Fang Blennie will just give the Firefish a venous bite.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm more concerned with the free swimming fang Blennies like Harptail Blenny, and Smith's Blenny. They all look a lot like a Firefish and if a skirmish breaks out I am worried the Fang Blennie will just give the Firefish a venous bite.
I've got a cool fang blenny with my fire fish and they are fine together. The blenny swims at the top like a viper and the first fish caves it at the bottom

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 197 70.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 21 7.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 52 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 2.9%
Back