First Acans

  • Thread starter Thread starter NCsalt
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

NCsalt

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 21, 2023
Messages
491
Reaction score
712
Location
North Carolina
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I finally decided to get some acans. Felt like it it would be a good choice for my little rock canyon divider area. Definitley has some shade on on about a 1/3 of them.

I know they like lower flow and medium light so I hoped this spot would work out.

What are the tips for making theses things successful? Results seem mixed.

IMG_3331.jpeg
 
Leave them where they are for a week. If after a week they don't look happy, move them or adjust the flow/light. Then wait another week or so. Frequent moves/ changes will upset most corals, so best to leave them alone and let them get used to their new home.
 
^ I 100% agree with her. Also you could feed it every 2-3 days. Some people say that’s too much but I’ve noticed my acan/blasto get very inflated and colorful with regular feedings. Something like mysis or brine is fine. Spot feed and aim for the small clear, almost tentacle looking things around the mouth.
Hope this helps a bit
 
^ I 100% agree with that guy. Also you could feed it every 2-3 days. Some people say that’s too much but I’ve noticed my acan/blasto get very inflated and colorful with regular feedings. Something like mysis or brine is fine. Spot feed and aim for the small clear, almost tentacle looking things around the mouth.
Hope this helps a bit
Do not feed any coral when it's stressed.
Being in a new tank = stress.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 11 6.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 28 15.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 59 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 27 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new