First Anenome; thoughts/advice?

Darryn Lyon

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 23, 2016
Messages
174
Reaction score
55
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grabbed a very pretty pink tube anenome a few days ago, and so far it's doing well, although I noticed it has retracted it's tentacles a bit. Tube anenomes retreat under the sand into themselves every once in a while, yes? I don't know a whole lot about this guy, so I was wondering if that's a normal thing? Adjusting to the new tank? These are yesterday and today pictures, respectively.

Water parameters:

10.9 Alkalinity
10 Nitrate
0 Ammonia
0 Nitrite
8.1 pH
1400 magnesium
425 Calcium
1.025 Salinity

e4712213b40664aa3a9d9a2afb148dfb.jpg


2942842ea097ff4fc03641b9542e7637.jpg
 
Very interesting. I do feed it small feedings, but I'm wondering if my sand is too coarse or if it's deep enough. If it's not happy, it will most likely leave it's tube behind and go elsewhere?
 
I buried it at sort of a 45 degree angle, but I think it's deep enough. Does it need to be straight up and down?
 
....and thank you for the compliment about anenome, btw. The Mrs. Picked it it because of it's brilliant pink center. It is pretty awesome looking. Hope you get one soon! Hopefully it's not too temperamental. It's already tried eating our cleaner shrimp and our wrasse haha.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new