First coral - I will forever dip

sayitfast

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 19, 2016
Messages
244
Reaction score
227
Location
Tucson AZ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was at Reef A Palooza this weekend and picked up a colony of Zoanthids. As this was my first coral I did some reading the night before. I was concerned if I should dip... read several threads both for and against. Most agreed it should be done.

So when I arrived home tonight I did some acclimation and dipped the colony.... I 'm glad I did. Several small worms, and one big one came off along with some smaller stuff that might have just been debris. I was so shocked at the bigger worm I did not pay close enough attention to the other stuff.

Not sure what kind of worm this is or if its a bad thing but I don't really want it in my tank.

Any ideas on what it is?

dipWorm.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 18 20.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new