First Cynarina.. thoughts/advice?

Darryn Lyon

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 23, 2016
Messages
174
Reaction score
55
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got this double-headed cynarina for about 30 bucks after trading in some pieces, got a HUGE discount.

It's my first cynarina; Should I treat this piece like a scoly? Similar light/flow?
20170115_191823.jpg
 
What an odd Cynarina. They're solitary so seeing two polyps is quite strange. Do you have a picture with whites on so I can see color? I treat them a lot like Scolymia (now called Homophyllia the genus has been changed). Be sure to not blast them with too much light and to feed them well and it will be good to you.
 
I will post the white pictures when my lights come on tomorrow. I just put it in the tank and didn't take any with whites yet. I feed my scolys and acans about every 3-4 days, I guess I'll follow that schedule.
 
That's pretty, especially if that green keeps developing. That thing is a freak of nature with two polyps I love it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new