First experience with baby banggais. Any Tips?

WarEaglesReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My banggai cardinal pair finally had their first successful brood of eggs now that they're finally mature enough to mate and I've got one tiny little guy (that I can find so far) that survived the night without getting eaten by the various other things in the tank. I've got him in his own little floating breeder box with a little artificial plant to hide in, and have been feeding him live baby brine shrimp and frozen baby brine soaked in selcon several times throughout the day. This is day two and he definitely seems to be developing more of a feeding response, so I think we're doing pretty well. Any additional tips to make sure this little guy thrives?

File Feb 07, 1 49 52 PM.jpeg

Cae

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like your doing a great job . My young male keeps swallowing the eggs around 10 days. I think as long as you can keep his box clean and him fed you stand a great chance of keeping him alive. Good luck with your baby.

OP
OP
WarEaglesReef

WarEaglesReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! He seems to be doing really awesome. Getting bigger every day and slowly getting more coloring. Eats live brine like a champ.

That's how my male was the first couple times he carried eggs. Swallowed them on day 5 and day 10. I'm thinking he had to have swallowed a few of them on this go around as well. But I'll never know how many he was really carrying vs how many got eaten before I got up in the morning to find this little guy hiding.

File Feb 10, 11 19 13 AM.jpeg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back