First experience with Neptune Good

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

mehaffydr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I finally decided to spend the money for what I understand to be a great product from what I read but a little pricey.
I ordered from BRS last week and just received a couple days ago. Last night like a kid with a new toy I wanted to start hooking this up. Imagine my disappointment when 5 minutes in I realize I did not get an Aquabus cable which is a required part to do anything at all.
I sent note to Neptune service and their response is asking me to send a picture of everything I received which makes no sense because there’s no cable. Send them a copy of my receipt and then they will get started on getting me a replacement. Of course it’s Thursday and I can’t get the pic until I get home from work tonight so at the earliest it will be tomorrow which means I will be waiting until sometime next week or later before I can begin to use my new $800.00 toy
This just sucks and is very disappointing.

MSB123

Someone out there put something smart here.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never heard of that happening.

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Aquabus ports use regular USB cables. If you have a male-male cable around the house, it will work fine. There are two cautions, though. One is that Aquabus and USB devices are not compatible, so never connect the two together. The second is that some long USB cables can have a repeater in the line. Make sure yours doesn't.

If you haven't seen it yet, the Comprehensive Reference Manual is a good place to start and can be found on the documentation page. I'm also PMing this so you have it if the mods move this to vendor feedback. https://www.neptunesystems.com/support/docs/

OP
OP
mehaffydr

mehaffydr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good news update I contacted BRS and they are shipping today. Thank you BRS.
Also while talking to BRS he pointed out that there is a Aquabus cable in my AFF which I had not even opened yet due to the fact that I was not able to get started. So good news is BRS has me a cable on the way and I can go ahead and start setting up tonight.
Thank you @BRS

OP
OP
mehaffydr

mehaffydr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the experience, as described, sounds a bit strange. i hope you get it all worked out to your satisfaction moving forward.
send me your info via PM and i'll send you an aquabus cable for free, today.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Thank you very much for the offer BRS has one shipping to me today so I think I’m covered.

OP
OP
mehaffydr

mehaffydr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New update. I have to say Both BRS and Neptune are really great to work with.
BRS is sending a new cable today.
Jon from Neptune actually called me personally and emailed offering to get the cable out. I had to decline the cable from Neptune as it would not be right to get 2 cables over an honest mistake in packaging.

Thank You @BRS
Thank You @neptune

Muttley000

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! It may take longer to get a product out than we like, but the customer service is absolutely awesome!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back