First fish a new tank...

Bkatz1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm starting up a new tank, 150g. 60x24x25. I'm headed for smaller tangs (tomini, kole) and a smaller angel (lemon peel or a flame) and maybe a malanurus wrasse. The tank will be a FOWLR as we have a reef tank upstairs... what would you start with, first fish in? The tank is cycled... thanks in advance.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I'm starting up a new tank, 150g. 60x24x25. I'm headed for smaller tangs (tomini, kole) and a smaller angel (lemon peel or a flame) and maybe a malanurus wrasse. The tank will be a FOWLR as we have a reef tank upstairs... what would you start with, first fish in? The tank is cycled... thanks in advance.
I would start with dwarf angel
Other fish mentioned not best starters until you know tank is stable

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, welcome! I happen to have two 150 gallon FOWLRs myself. (R2R recently started a FOWLR Forum, if you want to hang with the cool-cats. Lol!) :p

My best advice is to plan (as best you can, by studying online seller sites, etc.), your end-goal tank. It might change the order in which you introduce fish when you consider the big picture. For instance, I knew I wanted 2-3 l very large fish per tank, and smaller fill-ins. Having had many, many different types of fish over the years (bowling both strikes and gutter balls) helped me to know what would fly and what wouldn’t. Best wishes, and keep asking questions. :)

Back