First fish is here

  • Thread starter Thread starter DmitryB
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Any chance there is a local store with tigger pods or live adult brine shrimp?
Sadly nope. The nearest real LFS is at least 80 miles away.

Why adult and not baby brine shrimp?
 
Sadly no LFS anywhere near me. 80+ miles would be the closest. Why adult live brine shrimp?
 
Sadly nope. The nearest real LFS is at least 80 miles away.

Why adult and not baby brine shrimp?
Bigger food, moves more and might stimulate a feeding response.
When I have new fish in quarantine and am weaning them off of the live foods I get and going to frozen mysis and frozen brine, I thaw it and drop small amounts in the stream of a powerhead. Make the food look like it's alive and moving. Helps with the feeding stimulus response.

Can't hurt to try newly hatched brine.
 
Post a picture! Ive seen biota angels in stores, Im sure it looks like a dot in the tank 😂
 
Sadly nope. The nearest real LFS is at least 80 miles away.

Why adult and not baby brine shrimp?
Bigger food, moves more and might stimulate a feeding response.
When I have new fish in quarantine and am weaning them off of the live foods I get and going to frozen mysis and frozen brine, I thaw it and drop small amounts in the stream of a powerhead. Make the food look like it's alive and moving. Helps with the feeding stimulus response.

Can't hurt to try newly hatched brine.
I've been doing the same with the frozen brine and mysis, dropping them in front of powerheads. The shrimp enjoys it! I'm not even sure the Coral Beauty sees it.

I ordered a Wyze cam so I can spy on the tank when I'm not home. I wonder if he comes out while I'm at work.

I'll do a batch of baby brine and see if that works. Maybe I'll keep a bunch of the baby brine around and raise them for a bit if it's not a hassle.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new