First good look at the Lupyled’s field of light emitting diodes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Builders

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lupyled-diodes-3.jpg

We’ve been writing about the Lupyled light fixture for over a year now, and until today we still hadn’t seen how this promising light is built. Well the speculation ends now as we’ve finally gotten a look at this very unique light fixture in real life.

The build quality of the Lupyled is nothing short of impressive; the entire housing is encased in stainless steel, making it ***** heavy, but also giving it the structural strength to house and support ten tanks’ worth of light emitting diodes. The Lupyled is designed with a veritable field of LEDs for its business end, with somewhere around 1,164 LEDs in the small sized fixture.

lupyled-diodes-4.jpg

The entire underside of one of Lupyled’s light models, showing the fans which draw air through the bottom, and blow it out the back.

Just going to write that number out one time: one thousand, one hundred, sixty and four little light generating engines in the Lupyled. The company is still very busily setting up their booth so we haven’t seen the light on yet, and we still have oodles of questions about the light, but in the meantime, this is what such a densely packed group of LEDs looks like.

lupyled-diodes-2.jpg

In the top left you can see one of the few accessory ultraviolet LEDs among the many others which make up the rainbow of the Lupyled spectrum

lupyled-diodes-1.jpg

There’s a small handful of ‘high beam’ LEDs in the mix with a very narrow focal length to create some spotlight effects.

lupyled-diodes-3.jpg

Readers also viewed:

Continue reading...

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 15 35.7%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 22 52.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back