First ICP test, are my interpretations correct?

cybrook1421

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75gal reef tank that has been cycled and going for a little over a year. I have 5 smaller fish currently and about 15 corals/anemones. I have neglected it a little bit of the past few months and so I decided that now would be a good time to do an ICP test to see how much it affected my tank.

My Observations:
  • ALK is low for what I have been going for. I dose my water change water to about 8.8-9 but I guess I need to dose the tank slowly to get it back up.
  • Magnesium is where I want it
  • Calc is maybe a little low, but not bad.
  • Iodine is low.
  • Nitrates are undetectable, which doesn't surprise me. I feed heavily for the # of fish I have and have never really been able to keep them up. No dinos yet though.
  • Phosphates are good.

My Questions:
  • Do I need to worry about the iodine? Should I dose a little, or wait to see if more regular water changes bring it up?
  • What about manganese?
  • Are there any other minor elements I should be dosing? I don't know the optimal values, so I am just going off of the arrows.

I have soda ash, calcium chloride, magnesium general adjustment, BW iodine, BW nitrate and phosphate, and All for Reef available for any dosing/adjustments.

Thanks for any and all advice!

Attachments

• Analyse237863.pdf
    19.7 KB · Views: 26

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Also take a look at the tin numbers.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 133 42.8%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 108 34.7%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 15.8%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back