First light / Behind the Curtain

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With GSP as the curtain, I was awakening with first coffee and the third display tank lights on my oldest reef came on and what did I see: A flame scallop on the back wall in the folds of GSP that covered back glass on 75G display. The reason I noted scallop was the jets of water causing him to lift a bit. Two weeks ago, I received two flame scallops and three Matted Filefish. Filefish were the priority, yet when flame scallops are available, I get them as a favorite. Red & green are Christmas colors, so I celebrate Christmas all year.

In my quest for Aptasia control, I had researched thru a friend on staff at ARC. who had operated a sustainable Berghia culture as part of her thesis in micron-biology. As an avid reefer, Kim was not successful with eradicating Aptasia on her reef display, so she tried Matted Filefish. and was pleased with the results.

Aptasia eating file fish were added to three seperate tanks: 120, 75, 55. One flame scallop went into 75G display and one went into 55G which was moved from living room to dining room 7 days ago.

image.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back