FIRST LIGHT

miloy_nano

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 16, 2017
Messages
9
Reaction score
4
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI EVERYONE!
I STARTED CYCLING A 13,5 GAL FLUVAL EVO NANO WITH CURED LIVE ROCKS AND LIVE SAND FROM LFS.
I'M NEW IN THIS HOBBY AND I'M VERY CONFUSED WITH LIGHTENING.
TODAY IS DAY 2
WHAT DAY SHOULD I START TURNING LIGHTS ON?? AND FOR HOW LONG?
I COUD NOT FIND ANY INFORMATION ONLINE.
THANK YOU.
8G0YO9B184Q.jpg
 
Last edited:
Lights aren't really necessary at this point I don't think. I ran mine during my cycle and I don't really think they effected much. Pretty much just run them if you want
 
You will get lots of algae if you run them during the cycle. Keep the, off until fully cycles and you add fish
 
Hi and welcome , because you've used live rock and live sand you could add some ammonia till 1 ppm and a bottle of bacteria too help your cycle .. test after 24 hrs , if ammonia reads zero you could put a cuc in and a hardy fish !
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new