[first LPS] hammer looks angry

Robert Binz

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 3, 2019
Messages
532
Reaction score
294
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had lots of softies in the past but this is my first hammer.

I picked him up from the LFS today. Temperature acclimated; dipped in revive; placed in the sand bed. Since entering my tank he’s closed up completely.

Ammonia/nitrite = 0
Nitrate =5
DKH = 10
Light = Aqua Knight on high
Tank = 6 gal
Flow = low to moderate

Is it typical for hammers to be annoyed the first day they’re in a new tank? What should I be thinking about?
 
Give him some time to recover from being in new lighting, dipping etc...he should come around
 
I’ve had lots of softies in the past but this is my first hammer.

I picked him up from the LFS today. Temperature acclimated; dipped in revive; placed in the sand bed. Since entering my tank he’s closed up completely.

Ammonia/nitrite = 0
Nitrate =5
DKH = 10
Light = Aqua Knight on high
Tank = 6 gal
Flow = low to moderate

Is it typical for hammers to be annoyed the first day they’re in a new tank? What should I be thinking about?
Took my hammer a few days to adjust to my system now he’s glorious
 
Thanks guys! Not panicking but just wanted to check!
 
He’s looking better today

D601C7C7-B745-4FEC-9965-C28703A49389.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new