First Post: 40g Cube with 20g Frag

Hi all, this is my first post on here and I had a few questions for my new build. I’m not sure if this is the correct place to post this thread so my apologies in advanced.

The Build:
I have built a 4’x32”x2’ stand. On top of the stand I have a 40g Cube tank (21”x”21”x21”) as well as a 20g frag (21”x21”x10”). Both of these tanks will be plumbed into a Bashea Bio-Fuge Sump.

Equipment:
40 Gallon:
Light: Viparspectra 165w Blackbox LED
Pump 1: Ecotech MP10
Pump 2: Icecap Gyre 1k
20 Gallon Frag:
Light: Viparspectra 165x Blackbox LED
Pump: Icecap Gyre 1k
In Sump:
Skimmer: Skimz Kone SK181
Heater: Finnex 150w w/ Controller (x2)
Return Pump: Hydor 750gph AC Controllable

The 40g is currently up and running by itself at my old house. The frag tank is currently plumbed into the sump and is slowly being filled with RODI. My plan is to get the frag tank and sump running, transfer all fish and coral into that, and then add the 40g to the system.


Questions:
1. When should I add my macro algae to the refugium?
2. I plan to add bacteria from a bottle as I have run out of time to do a natural cycle. Because there is no biological media (since it’s the frag tank and there is nothing but a frag rack) will I be able to do this? Should I add Bio Bricks to the bottom of the refugium? (When the 40g is added there will be 40-50lbs of rock in there as well as a thin layer of sand)
3. Is there anything that I have not accounted for that I should be?
Welcome Drew to the R2R Family...Great to have you....Explore...Learn...Share
 
1573262815589.gif
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new