First Reef Tank Finally Stocked!

  • Thread starter Thread starter magsfins
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

magsfins

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 23, 2026
Messages
28
Reaction score
27
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally stocked my first reef tank this past weekend with some fish and wanted to show everyone what I have going so far. I am currently battling the hair algae (my clean up crew prefer one rock and won’t work on the other rock in my scape) but otherwise think I am ready to share. I am working on getting blackout curtains so there is less reflection and tank temperature change. I currently have 4 small coral frags, an anemone and clown pair, and my clean up crew! It’s a 13.5 gal Fluval Evo with upgraded lighting and a HOB protein skimmer.
20260929_150830_15A37EDE-1C7C-4540-A330-B792796DCE6E.png
 
awesome to see you got some clowns like you wanted! what kind of coral did you pick up?
 
my corals are a vargas, pulsing xenia, a zoanthid, and an ultra kenya!
 
They gave me a 225$ for 75$ because I drove 2.5 hours to get it and they had told me the wrong price over the phone I feel very lucky!
its always a great feeling getting a good deal, I'm excited to continue to watch how the journey is going!
happy reefing!
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new