OP
Ryde

Ryde

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update on my RBTA. I spent the past 3 weeks lowering my alk, and just purchased the Hanna alk checker. My alk is now reading 10.3. It seems to get gaining color again and it's tentacles are a litter long per say. So I believe I'm nursing it back to health!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ryde

Ryde

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just had to reaquascape do to fix some issues lol. It was a long tedious process that I thought would never end. It was mostly trial and error till I found what I liked. With the reaquascape it added a new arch to allow more flow through the tank. It also made more room for frags!

I tell you my fire fish loves to be the main attraction!

IMG_20201022_122104673.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ryde

Ryde

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyday I end up learning something new with this hobby. Currently I'm experiencing something rather odd. My first SPS was a red monti cap, few months later later down the road I frag the mother colony. Both frags that I received from my mother colony seem to be growing great although one seems to be different. My smallest frag seems to be growing yellow and orange polyps. Now this is weird because the mother colony has red polyps. I've done further testing and found out that those polyps are fluorescent compared to my mother colony which has very little fluorescence. Both friends have the same amount of light and currently the same amount of flow. I've always been curious about turning low price corals into high price corals by changing their colors but it never really found anything on it. Anyway long story short it's now a red and yellow/orange polyped monti cap! I'm sure I'm just overreacting but I find this very intriguing.

Mother colony:

16067743522258428085422043627403.jpg

OP
OP
Ryde

Ryde

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my silly clowns seem to like my torch coral I picked up a few weeks ago. Yes I know it can be bad for the torch so I've been monitoring it's health but so far it has yet to show any signs of it's health declining. If anything it's becoming bigger with more color!

Attachments

• VID_126020104_023958_611.mp4
    1.9 MB

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back