First Salt Water Adventure (100 gallon)

JBK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, so this is gonna be some fun for me and my wallet but my partner and me have been looking at reef tanks for the last few months and I have grow extremely interested to the point that it seems to have taken over my spare time with constant research. I recently had my 21st and surprised that my partner bought me a Aqua One 400 s2 marine tank. Tbh I am actually scared to start the bloody thing due to me living in Australia and the salt water hobby here is VERY expensive. I want to get this right the first time so I’m not making expensive mistakes. Now the tank comes with the g220 protein skimmer, return pump, led lighting, and 2 300watt heaters. I think my partner was a bit shocked when I said that there is a lot left to get before I can get it running. Firstly comes 2 items to my head. Chiller and power heads. I know there is a few others but i think these are the first to work on. For the chiller I was thinking the teko 1000 which will be great if I want to be able to upgrade in tank size later on. For the power heads I was thinking of having a Vortech MP40wqd one one end and a icecap 3k on the other due to have a small budget currently. Any ideas about how this will go.

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not just expensive in Australia. It is everywhere my friend. Make sure to start a build thread in the member tanks section and share your journey with us.
IMG_2074.JPG

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 41.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back