Fudsey's 135.4 Box of Water

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just starting this thread for future installments of the @Waterbox Aquariums 135.4 that I won in the April 2018 giveaway.

*****Updated*****

Most recent pic... 12-9-20

Day927.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
List of Equipment:

Tank - Waterbox 2017 135.4 plumbed to Waterbox sump in basement
Lights - (1) Orphek Atlantic with 48" AquaticLife Hybrid T5
Skimmer - Reef Octopus Classic 150SSS
Return pump - Current Eflux 3170
Water flow pumps - (2) CoralBox QP-9+
Heater controller - Finnex Digital Temperature Controller w/ 500 watt titanium heater
Reactor 1 - BRS Deluxe Media reactor w/ GFO&GAC
Reactor 2 - Aquamaxx TS-1 Denitrator (offline)
Bio - (2) Brightwell Xport-Bio plates
ATO - Sentry ATO

Corals:

Green Tip Torch
Trachyphyllia
Red Goniopora
Purple Gorgonian
Gorgonian
Raptors Peace Favia
Green Star Poylp
Neon Green Clove Polyp
Orange Mushroom
Acans 2 color variations
Zoas/Polyps - Sunny D's, Purple People Eaters, Gorilla Nips, Blue Hornets Plus a couple more unnamed
Rainbow Bubble Tip Anemone
Purple and Green Frogspawn

Fish:

(2) Frostbite Clowns
Melanurus Wrasse
Long Nose Hawk
(2) Pajama Cardinals
2 Spot Bristle Tooth Tang
Canary Blenny
Copperband Butterfly
Swallowtail Angel

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a question:

Should I put my skimmer in with the corals and live rock in the 40B?

I hope to only have the corals in there for a week or 2. Only as long as it takes me to get the tank set up. I am saving the rock and water but replacing the sand with Ocean's Direct. I hope it doesn't have a cycle using what I have for rock already. I will be putting some new rock in the tank as well but I will use all the old rock before I put any new in. I hope it doesn't cause a mini cycle.

@jsker @Brew12 @GoVols @DSC reef @Lovemyreef2015 @crabs_mcjones @Robin Haselden @dbl

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost everything is out of the 90. Sad to see :( But I am getting pumped to get the Waterbox up and running as fast as possible ;) ;)

All rock removed and most coral too. Only thing left is Sunny D's, 2 Trachys, Frogspawn, Hammer and Gorgonian. They are all sitting on the sand waiting for me to get with the program.

I ran into a little snag moving everything else. When I got downstairs with some of my frags, the water felt warm as I was putting them in. Thermometer showed same temp as DT but I knew it wasn't. Took thermo from DT and checked.... 3 degrees warmer.... Took my Finnex controller out of sump and put it on the heater in the 40. Placed a fan blowing across the top to try and cool it off quicker. Hopefully I didn't shock my other Zoas...

Figured I'd take a break and let the water cool off a bit before I move the rest. Don't want to kill off these guys as the are the best looking and doing very well.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fantastic!!!

I wouldn't bother with the skimmer on the 40B since it won't be running long and shouldn't have much bio load. If this is a new skimmer, you are better off running it in a bucket with 1/4 vinegar to help remove any manufacturing oils.

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fantastic!!!

I wouldn't bother with the skimmer on the 40B since it won't be running long and shouldn't have much bio load. If this is a new skimmer, you are better off running it in a bucket with 1/4 vinegar to help remove any manufacturing oils.

It's the skimmer from the 90 so should be fine. I took it out of my sump and cleaned it yesterday.

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately it is still in PA.... Been there since Friday at 11 AM. Called A.Duie Pyle to get a status and they said it's in "Transit delay" because it missed the truck???

They said it "should" be delivered tomorrow..... ya right, we'll see as it's 3:30 edt and it's still in PA.

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it seems someone in the trucking part of this delivery messed up (not the words I want to use). One piece came today @3:00 and it was damaged. But the tank was not among it. The stand came but the packaging was damaged through to the stand. The stand had a dent and a scrape on it.... Not Waterbox's fault at all but the trucking companies. Let alone that the tank itself was not even there....

A little frustrated right now to say the least.

Package1.jpg

Package3.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank was found and will be delivered along with the stand. Waterbox said they will replace whatever is damaged once I can inspect the whole thing. Just easier this way.

Thing is, the 90 is drained and everything is in a 40B, just going to have to stay there a little longer. I hope they make the transition well.

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.1%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 32 17.4%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 29 15.8%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 94 51.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.6%
Back