OP
GHsaltie

GHsaltie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup! Works surprisingly well, just have to make sure to keep a steady hand.

OP
OP
GHsaltie

GHsaltie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been going through some seriously ugly algae stages. This stuff is growing out of control, I think I have a combo of cyanogen and diatoms but I'm horrible with algae ID so I can't be certain. All I know is it makes me sad every time I look at my tank because it's so ugly :(. So since I can't update with an FTS I figured I would post a pic of Razor instead :D. He's been in the DT for about 3 weeks now and he's loving it! He gives me a heart attack on a regular basis because of his passion for disappearing acts, but he's ever faithful in popping up as soon as the lights go out.
IMG_2504.JPG IMG_2506.JPG

OP
OP
GHsaltie

GHsaltie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I finally figured out that what I have is dinos so I'm making tiny changes to try and get a jump on these pesky things. I got a couple other coral additions, a huge toadstool that's about 5-6in across and another duncan that's already growing two more heads :). Also have a couple neat little critters that I think are pretty cool.
IMG_2774.JPG

IMG_2783.JPG

IMG_2784.JPG

On another note, I lost Razor a little while back :(. I still haven't figured out what happened but he was my favorite little dude and it's very upsetting. I doubt I'll be able to get another waspfish anytime soon as they are hard to find. So now I'm back to three little fishies in my tank.

OP
OP
GHsaltie

GHsaltie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a teeny tiny new addition a couple days ago.
IMG_2821.JPG
I've wanted to get a greenbanded goby for a couple months but I wanted to find one in-store. This little guy is maybe 1/3 of an inch, super small. I had it ordered in and was shocked at how small he is but oh well, couldn't say no to the poor thing. He's already eating brine and mysis really well but I'm not sure how to go about putting him through QT. I'll probably have to change my regular protocol and keep very close observation.

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations on your new addition :) and your tank looks really good.

OP
OP
GHsaltie

GHsaltie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Random Lord of the Sump pic!
IMG_2872.JPG
Just because he's so cute and I've been neglecting him by not taking any pictures :D. Micro goby is doing well in QT and hopefully if all goes well I will finally be getting an ORA yellow assessor next week. Super excited!

OP
OP
GHsaltie

GHsaltie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got my yellow assessor! He's in QT right now and I can't get a picture as he's still skittish and the tank has a towel around it. He did have me worried for a few days because he was exhibiting odd behavior and wasn't eating but he's doing much better now. I also picked up these two mushrooms yesterday, about dime size $5 each.
Snapseed.jpg Snapseed.jpg
Sorry if the pictures are odd, I've been messing around with a new app for pics and I'm posting from my phone so I can't really tell what they look like :).

OP
OP
GHsaltie

GHsaltie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad update, Pepper my male clown jumped a couple days ago. The one time I forgot to put the lid back on. Now Salt is lonely by herself, she doesn't even do her normal bobbing swim patrol around the tank :(.
In other news though my tank is officially 1 year old today!

Tokash23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good stuff i like seeing progression picks as i am currently cycling my 40g breeder, sorry to hear about the your clown by the way been down that road before. FTS?

OP
OP
GHsaltie

GHsaltie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll get a FTS later today, I've been trying to avoid it because my tank is having some algae issues.....:oops:
Do you have a build thread for your 40?

Tokash23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll get a FTS later today, I've been trying to avoid it because my tank is having some algae issues.....:oops:
Do you have a build thread for your 40?
Yeaup its should show up under my post just have to copy and paste (idk how to put a link in the signature). Battling algae is no fun good luck

OP
OP
GHsaltie

GHsaltie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some pictures from today. Please ignore the giant sailfin. I helped a friend break down his tank and have yet to find a home for him.
IMG_2962.JPG

IMG_2963.JPG

IMG_2964.JPG

IMG_2965.JPG

IMG_2966.JPG

Marco333

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been going through some seriously ugly algae stages. This stuff is growing out of control, I think I have a combo of cyanogen and diatoms but I'm horrible with algae ID so I can't be certain. All I know is it makes me sad every time I look at my tank because it's so ugly :(. So since I can't update with an FTS I figured I would post a pic of Razor instead :D. He's been in the DT for about 3 weeks now and he's loving it! He gives me a heart attack on a regular basis because of his passion for disappearing acts, but he's ever faithful in popping up as soon as the lights go out.
IMG_2504.JPG IMG_2506.JPG

What type of fish is this?

OP
OP
GHsaltie

GHsaltie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He was a red banded waspfish. I lost him a couple months ago to unknown causes. He was my little buddy, I miss him. Caution if you are interested in one, they are venomous and I don't recommend netting one because their spines can get stuck.

OP
OP
GHsaltie

GHsaltie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got some new pictures of newly dubbed Micron the greenbanded goby. He's getting bigger and is definitely fat and sassy :D. Also managed a picture of the yellow assessor who is very adamant that the phone/camera is incredibly supspicious.
IMG_2977.JPG

IMG_2979.JPG

IMG_2981.JPG

Also, 10 more days until Reef-A-Palooza woohoo!!!!! First time going and super excited!

OP
OP
GHsaltie

GHsaltie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got another acquisition a couple days ago, a purple and green blasto. Nice and fluorescent although he's not too thrilled at being on the sand bed and subject to sand gusts.
IMG_3007.JPG

OP
OP
GHsaltie

GHsaltie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I have sad news, Sump Lord passed away during the night. I had noticed he wasn't moving the past week or so and wasn't nearly as enthusiastic about food. I don't know if he just got to the end of his lifespan or if it was something else. I guess I will never know. I measured him and his carapace was exactly and inch across. My sump already feels lonely without him. I'll miss you buddy, RIP Lord of the Sump :(.
IMG_3279.JPG
IMG_1588.JPG

IMG_2134.JPG

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 36.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back