First Saltwater Tank Build

SaltWaterTank_Noob

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 30, 2025
Messages
310
Reaction score
529
Location
TX
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, this is how I began! I'll slowly start to post progress! Patience is a virtue!

20250128_141949.jpg
 
Following along! What are you planning on doing with your tank?
 
Following along! What are you planning on doing with your tank?
Thank you! I have NO CLUE yet lol. I really just want to get EVERYTHING as perfect as possible before I even start to think or ask of what corals/fish I want to start stocking in here. First I need to get this sump in, then I can figure out how to plumb it, then I need to figure out what skimmer and return pump to use, next I can drill out the holes that I need in my tank, find a light (if I do not win the Orphek), find out which wavemakers to use and then add the sand, saltwater/liverock and start testing like crazy and problem solving till its fully cycled and ready for coral/fish! If I am missing a step please tell me so I can add it to the list lol
 
following along. Curious as to if you're using a "kit" to drill that comes with the overflow box and diamond bits or if you are winging it on your own. Years ago, I used a company called Glassholes to drill my 40b. The kit was awesome, but I don't see that they exist anymore.
 
following along. Curious as to if you're using a "kit" to drill that comes with the overflow box and diamond bits or if you are winging it on your own. Years ago, I used a company called Glassholes to drill my 40b. The kit was awesome, but I don't see that they exist anymore.
I just bought a kit on Amazon to drill with since no one in my area would do it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new