First Saltwater Tank

Culater94

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Nutmeggers,
This is my first Salt and Reef tank. Doing the best with what I have right now, it is a solana 34g, not AIO. Running an aquaclear with intank media basket, hob-1 skimmer, DIY led setup. I know it is crowded, feel free to criticize, recommend, point me in the right direction.

image.jpg

image.jpg

StevenBell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The coolest thing about this hobby is creating YOUR own slice of the ocean in YOUR view!Your tank is lovely,lively and full of color!

OP
OP
C

Culater94

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Mike!! They are, were SA Black Ice. Unfortunately my female must have gotten startled while sleeping and jumped on one of the nights when I had left my screen off after feeding. I was really bummed out, had her trained like a dog, would come to the top of the tank and let me pet her before i would feed her. She was around 2- 2 1/4". The male just swims around aimlessly now. Having a hard time finding a replacement.

The corals you gave me are doing well, and the setosa is already showing growth.

BfishLpond78

F.U.P.A.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool man!

Glad to hear the corals are doing well...tank looks great by the way! Sorry i forgot to mention that earlier.

OP
OP
C

Culater94

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New Pics coming tomorrow. Also new build started. Took advantage of Maximum Reef tank sale and got a 120 - 60"x18"x26". Wanted a 5' tank, not many options for that length. At first was not crazy about the height, but the dimensions are growing on me. Wish it was at least 20" deep. Ran out of room in current tank, frags growing everywhere.

Build going slow, looking for recommendations for skimmer. Drilling the tank and have a ghost overflow ordered.

OP
OP
C

Culater94

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updated pics - Trouble getting rid of the purplish hue, need more practice with the cameras.

clownhost1.jpg

fts1.jpg
fts2.jpg
lookdown1.jpg
lookdown2.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 40 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back