First SW tank

WesMeeks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my first tank and was wondering if someone could tell me what all I have growing? Thanks
Reef Tank 2.jpg
Reef Tank.jpg

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One plant looks like some halimidia, the Other might be some polyps, tunicates, or sponge. You should check out chucksaddiction.com (look in the articles section). You will probably find a picture an description of every organism you notice in your tank. I use the website often.

Brandon

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R Wes! I am from the Chatt area as well.

OP
OP
W

WesMeeks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I am trying to get started with a tank and am still in need of a few things. If you know of anyone/anywhere i might be able to find some please let me know.

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed you have some Halimeda which is a calcerous macroalgae, it takes up calcium for growth. I've had it before and it is a beautiful plant to have but since it competes for calcium I had to get rid of it because I'd rather have corals and clams and it can be hard to keep up with calcium demands for them alone. I also found it can be a fast grower and if you wish to keep it LFS's will sometimes give you store credit when you have to pruin it back.

The other's look to be some type of Zoa's or Paly's to me, can you get better pic's of them?

As for stuff that you need you can check out the for sale forums here on R2R and find all kinds of deals. Also since you are local to Rev maybe he can point you in the direction of a local club. If so local clubs are the best place to find the best deals on used goods and coral frags.

OP
OP
W

WesMeeks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are the newest additions to my tank. I know what some are, but if someone could enlighten me to what I have acquired I would appreciate it. Thanks
0808011627.jpg
0808011627a.jpg
0808011621.jpg
0808011622.jpg
0808011620.jpg
pencil.png
pencil.png

Hyprviperx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the first pic is of some zoanthids (eraser top looking things in a row) w/ some algae; pic 2 (Green bubble looking things) could be a piece of small torch, frog spawn, or hammer coral also could be a frag of ricordia; pics 3 and 4 look like a couple of mushrooms; and the last looks like a turbo snail shell

Last edited:

AmberL

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my first tank and was wondering if someone could tell me what all I have growing? Thanks Reef Tank 2.jpg Reef Tank.jpg

I had these growing in my tank as well. Calcerous microalgae. It was bringing down my calcium levels. But when I installed my phosphate reactor, it went away rather quickly.

Back