First time ever - I have a tank raised trochus

don_chuwish

Smells something fishy
View Badges
Joined
Mar 21, 2012
Messages
3,006
Reaction score
3,264
Location
A better place
What state or country do you live in
Oregon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen snail eggs on the glass many times but it never amounts to anything.
With a lot of my LR in a holding tub right now, I've just been leaving it covered, heated and water moving. I peeked in today and found a very cute little trochus, along with several other much tinier snails (not sure of their ID, maybe baby Margarita?). I thought it was pretty darn cool.

IMG_6820.JPG fullsizeoutput_39a3.jpeg fullsizeoutput_39a1.jpeg
 
Yep my banded trochus have bred twice just got rid of the last of the babies hoping it will prompt them to spawn again! Got to love this hobby....that smaller one you are looking at almost looks like a collinista snail....I had an explosion of them in my tank! Good detritus eaters apparently.
 
Wow congrats!

I've never seen any hatch in my tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new