First time salt water coral tank help

anthony99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys so after about 6 months of constantly looking at YouTube video of coral tanks and salt water tanks in general iv decided I really want to get involved in the hobby, I'm completely new to this and I'm currently thinking about getting a fusion pro 2, 25 gallon AIO lagoon aquarium, is anyone could recommend a good light set up for this tank and all the other accessories for the back of the tank like skimmers and filters and stuff, again iv new to this and open on learning about all the needed equipment that I will need for the back of the tank.

Screenshot_20220826-004624.png

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
not really sure about skimmer, but you could do well with an AI prime, a hydra 26 or 32hd. can get used or nee depending on budget. you could also look into the nicrew or smatfarm LED lights

also: welcome aboard the r2r board!

OP
OP
A

anthony99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not really sure about skimmer, but you could do well with an AI prime, a hydra 26 or 32hd. can get used or nee depending on budget. you could also look into the nicrew or smatfarm LED lights

also: welcome aboard the r2r board!
Thank you for your help ✌️✌️

Buckster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! I have the AI hydra's a 26 and 2-32's over my 180.. pleased with them

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not really equipment related but at least as important imo...go for live ocean rock when you get ready to set it up!

Piscans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome! what is your budget? usually with fish tanks, the tank itself is one of the cheapest parts. a tank in the 20-40 gallon range can be expected to cost around $500-$1000

khuchting724

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I started small when new to the hobby. I bought a 20 gallon tank and loved it. The piece of advice I will give you that I got is simple is best. Think about the ocean does it have any fancy equipment in it?! Go into your local fish store and ask what equipment they run on a similar system to yours. My opinion and it may be different than others, but I recommend auto top off and light for your smaller system. Filter floss and 10% water change weekly for consistency. Maybe some bio balls in the back, but live rock also allows for bio load.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 43.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 31.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back