First time sps help

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ryan2428
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ryan2428

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 2, 2014
Messages
556
Reaction score
74
Location
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I don't do sps usually my tank is capable just like lps. My question is I picked up some rainbow acans dirt cheap . While I was there a birdsnest had fallen to the bottom of her tank and sat there so long it has turned it white on the bottom were it was sitting . So I rescued it she was going to toss it has a lot of color and looks good on top. So long story short do I try to cut the dead white pieces off or let it be . Ty
 
Yes. Trim off any dead skeleton if you can. The old dead skeleton won't heal. Best to trim it off and grow new healthy branches.
 
Last edited:
Birdsnest are pretty sensitive to all swings but in general grow really well. I use a BN in my tank as an indicator coral, it's tips will react quickly to any alk jumps.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 18 21.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 25 29.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new