first time sps

cappindizzy

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 26, 2024
Messages
2
Reaction score
2
Location
canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Running a 30x30x24 gallon with 4x t5s 2x coral plus 2x blue plus with 2x reef brite blue leds I have had long term success with anemone's in this system 2 years plus could I make the plunge into sps ?
 
How long has the tank been up? Flow requirements will be a bit different, it sounds like you have enough lighting though. What do you have for flow?

You'll also need to hawk alk more, other than that I think you could try it, just start slow.
 
Running a 30x30x24 gallon with 4x t5s 2x coral plus 2x blue plus with 2x reef brite blue leds I have had long term success with anemone's in this system 2 years plus could I make the plunge into sps ?
All you can do is give it a try. Stylo is a great one to start with and it looks awesome. It is also relatively cheap.
I think the main thing is making sure you can keep all your parameters stable. It took myself a full year before I finally started having success with sticks. But Stylo and digi are great pieces to start with.
 
I'm far from a expert but I think that lighting should work. A par meter always helps but not an option for everyone. I'm still new to sticks but have had good luck with garf bonzai, myagi tort and green slimer when I started. They're fairly hardy and not too expensive.

EDIT nems may or may not be a problem. It all depends if they stay put or move. It's a crap shoot when they are concerned. I've had them stay put for a year then for unknown reasons start wandering around the tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.4%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 17 28.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 32.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new