First time using a skimmer looking for help:)

bingus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered the tunze comline 9004 doc HOB filter https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/comline-doc-skimmer-9004-dc-tunze.html
This is my first time using a skimmer and was wondering if there’s any media I need or anything I should know before I use it? It’s for my 55 gallon tank. I’m also using a cpr medium HOB refugium. All advice is welcome and thank you in advance!

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
No media, just drop it in and turn it on. Dial it in so the foam isn't spilling over into the collection cup and wait. It will need to build up a slime coat before it's broken in and starts to work properly. I'd say give it at least a week before its pulling anything substantial

OP
OP
bingus

bingus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No media, just drop it in and turn it on. Dial it in so the foam isn't spilling over into the collection cup and wait. It will need to build up a slime coat before it's broken in and starts to work properly. I'd say give it at least a week before its pulling anything substantial
Thank you!

Alexreefer

Coral, Coral, Coral!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I loved that skimmer was my first skimmer and it was amazing, Being able to control the air through the valve and the pump with the dc was a dream. Hope it works as well for you as it do for me

Cheeze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! Sorry to hijack this thread, but I just installed this skimmer as well, in my newly cycled (empty) tank.

When calibrating, should the air valve be adjusted so the foam just reaches the top of the cup or is that too high? I know I will have to play and adjust as the skimmer breaks in, but what consistent level should the bubbles be kept?

Thank you so much!!

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! Sorry to hijack this thread, but I just installed this skimmer as well, in my newly cycled (empty) tank.

When calibrating, should the air valve be adjusted so the foam just reaches the top of the cup or is that too high? I know I will have to play and adjust as the skimmer breaks in, but what consistent level should the bubbles be kept?

Thank you so much!!
I don't have that one but I set my skimmer so the small bubbles reach the base of the cup

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back