Fish auto feeder

  • Thread starter Thread starter mrtian97
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mrtian97

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 16, 2015
Messages
813
Reaction score
156
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Newbie here, I am about to take 6-7 days vacation, if I have 3-4 fishes and shrimp, do I need auto feeder.

I has a Nutramatic feeder but seems the drum is no longer rotate even with new batteries and after 24 hours, and I could not find on off switch, is this basically broken?

What's reasonable auto feeder would you recommend, saw Eheim and Apex
 
I use eheim and like it, but withso few fish be careful not to overfeed.
 
Didn't see the size of your tank in your query, ... but I'd be inclined to feed them heavily before I went on vacation, and again when I returned, with something like frozen mysis.

My personal preference for an auto feed would be for an Eheim. Earlier today, I saw for the first time, a feeding extension for the Eheim on TB aquatics that you might also consider --- http://www.tbaquatics.com/feeding-tools/eheim-feeding-station/.

Hope you have a great vacation!
 
ive left for a week without feeding. but my tank was pretty well established using rock that had been in a buddies tank for 15 years so the fish had plenty to eat. I fed heavily the day I left and did a water change before I left then came back and put them back on schedule. fish didn't even look hungry. but what you can do is add some macro for them to much on. something like tang heaven.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new