Fish caught in pump

Aquagirl79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question. In my nanno tank I have a little pump. Corallia I think. My fish keeps getting caught in it and we will have to fish him out. How do I stop that from happening?

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question. In my nanno tank I have a little pump. Corallia I think. My fish keeps getting caught in it and we will have to fish him out. How do I stop that from happening?

What type of fish is it? A healthy fish will not get stuck to a pump unless the fish is very small. A nice trick to prevent nems from entering powerheads and pumps will help you out here. Go to micheal's and buy plastic canvas. Cut the canvas so it wraps around the intake and zip tie it on.

OP
OP
A

Aquagirl79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the trick. I will pick up some of that plastic canvas the next time I stop at Michaels.

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the trick. I will pick up some of that plastic canvas the next time I stop at Michaels.

I spent about an hour hunting it down at the Micheal's by me. I would ask and the employees would send me to the knitting section. I searched up and down every isle that had knitting stuff in it. Turns out plastic canvas is kept by the picture framing section.

Salty Dog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can get a foam cover for many pumps too, don't know about this one.
use foam it wouldbe amuch better solution since the plastic canvas is just a plast screen, We use the plastic canvas for algea scrubbers

davelink

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah foam and that dark sponge that you put on the intake on mag pumps has always done me right, i had to put it all over to keep fish from goin into pumps and the overflow back in the day

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 79 44.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 81 46.0%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.1%
Back