Fish Choice

  • Thread starter Thread starter Wild1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Wild1

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 9, 2008
Messages
438
Reaction score
323
Location
Roseland
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I have a currently up and running 90 gallon mixed reef, mostly LPS and softies. I am trying to decide between adding either a Flame Fin Tang, or a Fox Faced Rabbit Fish as my last occupant. Is one safer than the other reef wise, and what would be my best option? TIA
 
Hey all, I have a currently up and running 90 gallon mixed reef, mostly LPS and softies. I am trying to decide between adding either a Flame Fin Tang, or a Fox Faced Rabbit Fish as my last occupant. Is one safer than the other reef wise, and what would be my best option? TIA
Tang can be temperamental - Can, not always and foxface nice fish, but spooks easily and may turn on soft coral especially zoas
 
If you are speaking just about which is more reef safe, I would say the Tomini tang. Both are capable of going rogue, but I think the Fox Face tips the scale just a bit more towards questionable. If they are well fed, though, I think they are not likely to bother anything, and would just choose the fish you like better.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new