Fish compatibility: pictus and bicolor

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mschmidt
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Joined
Feb 9, 2022
Messages
18,615
Reaction score
39,736
Location
Bellingham
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, I couldn't think of a witty title other than "fight club?"

I may have a pictus blenny and a bicolor blenny coming my way. Am I likely to have compatibility issues with the two?

Tank's a 29 gallon.
 
It think they might be fine. Both are generally super peaceful, but both are from the same genus and its a pretty small tank, so i can’t be certain. I would just be ready to remove one in case they dont get along.
 
It think they might be fine. Both are generally super peaceful, but both are from the same genus and its a pretty small tank, so i can’t be certain. I would just be ready to remove one in case they dont get along.
That was kinda my thought. I have a 10-gallon tied into it, which can be a short-term solution to problems. I'd hate to keep it there too long and bring the blenny police down on me.
 
Sorry, I couldn't think of a witty title other than "fight club?"

I may have a pictus blenny and a bicolor blenny coming my way. Am I likely to have compatibility issues with the two?

Tank's a 29 gallon.

I’m being a bit risky with mine too.. got the two pictus coming and already have a tailspot.

But my last one being best buds with a sailfin gives me hope.

10g is a big enough space for a pictus imo. They stay smaller than a tail spot.
 
That was kinda my thought. I have a 10-gallon tied into it, which can be a short-term solution to problems. I'd hate to keep it there too long and bring the blenny police down on me.
A 10 gal is fine for a pictus.
 
I’m being a bit risky with mine too.. got the two pictus coming and already have a tailspot.

But my last one being best buds with a sailfin gives me hope.

10g is a big enough space for a pictus imo. They stay smaller than a tail spot.
Nice! That is a cool picture of your pictus and sailfin.

29 gallons just doesn't feel like a lot of space. But I'm happy to be wrong though.

It'd probably be the bicolor that moves if there are issues though. (Really the first one I can catch)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new